WORKING TO End Abortion
Are you interested in working full-time in the pro-life movement? Do you want to dedicate your professional skills to ending abortion in our lifetime? If you feel called to fight for the women and children most affected by the abortion industry, review the following open positions and consider applying!
Current Available Jobs
Over the last 50+ years, Illinois Right to Life has been at the forefront of the pro-life movement in Illinois. We use a grassroots approach to build a culture that loves and protects all people from conception through natural death. As the first pro-life organization in the state back in 1968, we focus on educating Illinoisans on the harms of abortion, euthanasia, human cloning, embryonic stem cell research, and other things that destroy and devalue human life. We helped found and shape the Illinois pro-life movement from the beginning and we are leading the future of the movement that will end abortion in Illinois.
We work alongside some of the top Catholic schools with our educational programs and also work regularly with Congressmen, legislators and other political and community leaders on important pro-life issues affecting our state. We provide detailed and credible research as well as comprehensive resources for the public as well as operate our Project Love program that provides grants to women in crisis and/or unplanned pregnancy situations. Illinois Right to Life is a tax-deductible 501c3 charitable organization.
Also closely operated with IRL is Illinois Right to Life Action, a 501c4 non-tax deductible social welfare and lobbying organization. This organization houses the only full-time pro-life lobbyist in Springfield and provides invaluable resources and support to legislators to make pro-life advances.
Join IRL’s team and help us shape the future of the movement through our educational work and grassroots outreach. Our goal is to turn Illinois pro-life.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: President of the Board
Start Date: Flexible / Summer 2020
Application: Applications are accepted until a candidate has been chosen
Position Overview: The executive director will be responsible for managing and leading the day to day operations and development of Illinois Right to Life as well as assisting in leading certain projects of Illinois Right to Life Action. The executive director manages a staff of six employees and additional contractors that run the organization. S/he will work with the board of directors to continue growing the organization’s programs and influence, building out the organization’s structure and strategic plan.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing the programs of IRL and furthering our mission.
- Regularly tests the effectiveness of educational programs and continuously works to expand educational programs.
- Reports six times a year to the board of directors: reports on programing, fundraising, and budgeting for board review, comment, and direction.
- Works with our bookkeeper and accountant to oversee the financial details of the company.
- Manages hiring processes.
- Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the organization including payroll and taxes.
- Manages all 6 employees and manages all contractors.
Communications & Networking
- Manages the branding of IRL
- Writes and implements communication plans for IRL including regular e-wires to IRL’s thousands of members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with academics, political leaders, church leaders, community leaders, and government leaders.
- Is the spokes person for IRL regularly conducting media interviews and building relationships with reporters.
- Prepares and delivers speeches at schools, churches and other educational and pro-life events.
- Carefully leads the extensive research conducted by IRL for use in education.
- Ability to review and understand high-level government policies and legislation to articulate it to member base.
- Executes IRL’s current fundraising platform of approximately a half of a million dollars.
- Works with the board of directors to continue growing fundraising program.
- Regular communication with donors with the focus on building personal relationships with the donors.
- Executes regular sit down in person meetings with organization’s top donors.
- Will oversee direct mail program.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Prior volunteer or work experience in the pro-life movement is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in the pro-life / pro-family movement.
- Previous experience in managing employees is desirable.
- Enjoys juggling multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills.
- Previous experience with conducting media interviews, and writing messaging on complex high level issues is desirable.
- Demonstrated development and fundraising experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to conduct and review high-level research.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have a high-energy personality.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team in a small office setting.
- An innovative and creative mind that enjoys bringing fresh perspectives and ideas to programs and events.
The executive director will operate out of our Chicago office in the loop.
To apply, please submit 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) writing sample of any topic (minimum 2 pages). In your cover letter please include a personal statement of support for the pro-life movement and why you believe Illinois Right to Life’s educational mission is important to Illinois. Applicants who do not include all three of these details will not be considered.
Including links to media interviews or public articles or op-eds is encouraged.
Please email applications to:
Rosemary Hackett, board president, at Rosemary@IllinoisRightToLife.org
Submit a Job
Do you know of a pro-life job opening or do you want to submit your own jobs to the page? Please click the button below and fill out the form.
If you have any questions, contact the Pro-Life Future Director, Christina Coffman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request resume help and see other conservative jobs, we recommend connecting with The Heritage Foundation’s Job Bank.