Care Net of Puget Sound
Status: Paid - Part Time
The Smart Programs Specialist provides team support for the operation of sexual health education to students
and parents for Care Net of Puget Sound. This includes the training and management of volunteers and services
to schools, churches, and organizations. This person furthers the religious mission of Care Net of Puget Sound
by promoting the Sanctity of Human Life, the Sanctity of Marriage and ensures that all volunteers in the Smart
Program are Christians believing in Christ alone for their salvation.
Reports to: Smart Programs Director
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Part Time, 10 hours per week
Work Location: Remote (from home and at schools, churches, and youth & community centers as assigned)
Supervises: Volunteer Speakers as required.
Data Classification: IV
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and
Lord and is active in a local church.
2. Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
3. Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and other Care Net
of Puget Sound statements and policies related to core ministry principles.
4. BA degree or related experience working with youth.
5. Have one year of experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity.
6. Have two years’ experience in a helping profession in a position requiring some management skills, or
7. Exhibit skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and problem solving.
8. Able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, and support to the volunteers.
9. Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
10. Sufficiently healed from past traumas in life (abuse, molestation, pregnancy loss*)
*Staff in direct client contact and experienced a pregnancy loss will meet with the Healing Tide
Director and complete the appropriate healing curriculum prior to meeting with clients. This
information will be kept confidential.
I. Program Services:
1. Help recruit, train, supervise, and review Smart Speakers and volunteers
2. Present Smart Programs presentations and classes. (virtual, hybrid and in person)
3. Assists with incoming volunteer applications
4. Help oversee Smart Programs volunteers
5. Work with Smart Team on Smart Programs projects
6. Supports the Smart Team in developing new community connections.
II. Public Relations
1. Maintain a working relationship with target audiences, such as schools, agencies, and youth
organizations for Care Net of Puget Sound.
2. Promote Smart Programs and pregnancy center ministry to pastors, churches, and organizations
throughout the community.
3. Participate in development functions and events requested by the Executive Director and Smart
III. Meetings and Trainings
1. Is a part of Care Net of Puget Sound staff and will attend all-staff meetings, retreats, and
functions for planning and team development.
2. Is a member of Smart Programs and will attend all scheduled Smart Staff Team Meetings.
IV. Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
1. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
i. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and
taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, reach with hands and
arms and maintain physical balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop.
The employee is rarely required to kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will regularly lift
and or move items up to 10 lbs. The employee will sometimes life and move up to 25 lbs.
Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment described is representative of those an employee encounters while
performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
i. The employee works remotely and has limited connection with the Smart Team and
organization in daily operations. Successful staff relationships will rely on good
communication skills and connections with the Smart Team. May have periods of high
stress due to unexpected staffing of presentations and available volunteer support.
1. As a representative of Care Net, whether at the Center or on your own time, your actions and
appearance will reflect on the ministry. It is important to be mindful of your service to Jesus
Christ in all that you do, as you reflect Christ to others.
2. Take time for spiritual growth and needs.
Experience Needed: BA degree or related experience working with youth. Have one year of experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity. Have two years’ experience in a helping profession in a position requiring some management skills, or related experience. Exhibit skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and problem solving.
Job Type: Educational
Apply by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org