Students for Life of America, the nation’s largest pro-life student organization, is seeking a qualified Producer to join the Communications & Marketing team. This person will be the lead Producer for the Explicitly Pro-Life Podcast, and will also assist with videography & photography, post-production video & photo editing, and create a visual story through videos & photography.
Essential Functions for Marketing
• Coordinating, guests and talking points for Explicitly Pro-Life Podcast episodes, as well as creating marketing plans to promote the podcast and reach more listeners.
• Working alongside the Creative Director to film, edit, and tell stories through different types of videos including: narrative videos, speaking events, and Facebook/Instagram live.
• Coordinating all Facebook Live productions, which include some evening and weekend broadcasts, and creating all assets associated with such events.
• Create and manage marketing processes in Asana & Trello (project management tools), assigning tasks to relevant team members and contractors and ensuring tasks are complete and assets are posted or sent out in a timely manner.
• Traveling to on-site events to obtain video / photo material to be able to create content, and turnaround a finished product within 24-48 hours.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once and be able to rapidly respond to new situations any day of the week including weekends.
• Edit pre-designed graphics for quick turnaround graphics needed (like “victory” graphics or promotional graphics that only require some word changes).
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Adobe Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and After Effects is needed.
• Knowledge of AV systems and platforms, including ECamm & Skype.
• Ability to manage workflow through Asana & Trello and prioritize requests
• Must be good at communicating issues as they arise and finding creative solutions to complex problems
• Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
The Producer will report to the Director of Communications, and will work alongside the Creative Director & numerous external consultants.
The Producer will work from our Fredericksburg, VA or Chicago, IL office, but will also be required to frequently travel under the discretion of the President & Director of Communications.
Should be able to carry all videography equipment, up to 30 lbs. This position will require early mornings and late nights, including 10+ hours on your feet.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position working 45 hours per week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position will often-time require work in the evenings and/or weekends to capture content.
Travel up to 50% may be required. All travel costs are reimbursed by Students for Life of America per Handbook policy.
Must be able to successfully complete an I-9. The I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to David Cordaro, Director of Communications, at email@example.com