Care Net of Puget Sound
Status: Paid - Part Time
Objectives of the Position: The Office Assistant assists the Client Services Director & Office Manager in Center
operations. Help maintain client files and statistics. Organize volunteers to get large projects completed, keep the
office rooms tidy and performs general secretarial duties. The office assistant furthers Care Net of Puget Sound’s
religious mission by ensuring that all volunteers serving within the center are Christians believing in Christ alone for
their salvation. The office assistant will also work with the Director and Office Manager to ensure the operations,
atmosphere, and rapport of volunteer staff with clients and others follow Biblical standards.
Reports To: Client Services Director, Tacoma
Classification: Part Time, Non-Exempt – 20 hours per week
Data Classification: IV
Supervision: Oversees volunteers as assigned by the Client Services Director
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position requires:
• A committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and
is active in a local church.
• Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the biblical teachings of the sanctity of life, sexual purity, and
• Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and other Care Net of
Puget Sound statements and policies related to core ministry principles.
• Expresses as sincere desire to reach out to abortion vulnerable and abortion minded women.
• Would never refer or advise a woman to have an abortion (When a situation rises where a woman’s life is
at risk, the clinic advocates taking measures to preserve her life, hoping that the woman and her child can
both be saved.)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, database programs.
• Basic office skills and ability to operate office equipment (scanner, copier, etc.)
• Trained in direct client care and an understanding of the Care Net of Puget Sound ministry
• Sufficiently healed from any past traumas in life. (abuse, molestation, pregnancy loss*)
*Staff in direct client contact and experienced a pregnancy loss will meet with the Healing Tide
Director and complete the appropriate healing curriculum prior to meeting with clients. This information
will be kept confidential.
A. Essential Functions:
1. Ensure well-organized and friendly environment in waiting room and front office area.
2. Help Director & Office Manager (OM) with reception area volunteers when needed.
3. This position involves ministerial service to our patients, clients, and others. Special training will be
provided for each person serving at Care Net.
4. Fill in when volunteers are not available.
5. Maintain confidential client files.
6. Helps OM enter client record data into ministry’s client database, compiles monthly client statistics and
coordinate with other Centers for report.
7. Assist Center Director & OM in scheduling, and other projects.
8. Assist OM in ordering materials.
9. Be willing to accept responsibility in program management (i.e., Pregnancy Tests, Medical
A. Volunteer/Staff Development
1. Helps the Director with on-the-job training of new volunteers.
2. Encourage and help equip volunteers in Center.
3. Oversee volunteers on shifts when the Director or OM is not available.
4. Helps the Director in volunteer appreciation events and recognitions.
B. Center Management
1. Maintain a professional, courteous manner pleasing to the Lord in all interpersonal communication.
2. Adhere to the policies, principles, and procedures of Care Net, Heartbeat International, and our other
national and state affiliates.
3. Keep the center facilities clean and neat.
1. Is a member of Care Net of Puget Sound staff and will attend all-staff meetings, retreats, and functions
for planning and team development.
2. Is a member of the Tacoma Center Staff and will attend team meetings set by the Client Services
E. Physical Requirements and Work Assignment
1. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
i. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or
smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms and
maintain physical balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop. The employee is
rarely required to kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will regularly lift and or move items up
to 10 lbs. The employee will sometimes life and move up to 25 lbs. Vision requirements include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.
ii. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; lighting is primarily florescent; can
have days of high stress due to client situations and absent volunteer staff.
1. As a representative of Care Net of Puget Sound, whether at the Center or on your own time, your
actions and appearance will reflect on the ministry. It is important to be mindful of your service to
Jesus Christ in all that you do as you reflect Christ to others.
2. Maintain a professional, compassionate Christ –centered Pregnancy Clinic and Family Services Center
in your area of Puget Sound.
3. Take time for spiritual growth and needs.
Care Net Staff members adhere to the mission of Care Net of Puget Sound, its Statements, Operations, and the
Policy and Procedures of the organization