Pregnancy Information Center
Status: Paid - Full Time
The Pregnancy Information Center (PIC) seeks a nurse sonographer for the role of Clinic & Program
Director (CPD). This person is the heart of our organization as the one who most directly interacts with
the clients who seek our care. The CPD provides patient care and manages clinic & education center
operations. The CPD reports to the Medical Director (MD) & Executive Director and supervises the Clinic
& Program Assistant.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES
Perform the following duties in accordance with level of expertise and training and existing medical
policies and procedures.
● Administer pregnancy and STD tests; perform limited obstetrical ultrasound examinations
● Provide patient with health education (pregnancy decision options, STIs, etc.), referrals for
medical care/follow-up, and other pertinent community referrals
● Document patient care in chart and properly maintain and archive patient medical records.
● Thoroughly explain all medical consent forms to patients, and answer questions prior to
providing any medical services.
● Review patient record for completeness (all necessary forms present) and signatures
● Conduct phone follow-up with patients, as indicated
● Follow guidelines for responding to emergencies and unusual ultrasound findings as specified in
the P&P manual
● Meet with MD regularly (at least monthly) to discuss clinical issues/questions to ensure effective
clinic and patient management
● Supervise support staff and volunteers as required
Medical Services Operations
● Assure accurate implementation of MD’s orders
● Audit patient records quarterly.
● Maintain staff medical records
● Provide in-service education to staff & volunteers as needed
● Implement clinic policies and procedures (P&P), including compliance with OSHA, CLIA, privacy
practices, and infection control
● Conduct annual review of P&P and infection control regulations in conjunction with the MD
● Orient Clinic & Program Assistant to clinic duties and responsibilities, and provide on-going
supervision to any nurses, client advocates, or other volunteers
● Conduct annual evaluation of Clinic & Program Assistant and clinic volunteers
● Coordinate medical staff schedules
● Ensure that medical equipment is properly operated and maintained
● Conduct regular medical supply inventory and ensure that the clinic is properly stocked
● Ensure proper disinfection of medical equipment and the exam room
● In conjunction with the MD & Executive Director, ensure the OSHA orientation of all new
personnel, annual refreshers, and monitor facility compliance
● Update parenting class presentations to ensure most current medical statistics/information
● Periodically research and review new curricula to enhance learning for expectant/new parents
● Work with Executive Director to identify, train and supervise class instructors and other
Education Center volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
● Current nursing license and functioning in accordance with the Illinois Department of Financial
and Professional Regulation
● Limited obstetric ultrasound training & experience
● Demonstrate proficient knowledge of pregnancy, abortion, and related health issues
● Exhibit strong interpersonal and administrative skills
● Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior
● Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life
● Agree with and uphold PIC’s Statement of Faith, Ministry Values, Vision, and Mission
● Ideally, have two years of experience in a pregnancy center
● Maintain active nursing license.
● Comply with state and professional continuing education requirements.
● Maintain CPR certification.
● Obtain/maintain additional certifications as requested (e.g. limited obstetrical ultrasound
examinations, childbirth instructor, HIV counseling, STD certification).
● Must complete CE credits every 2 years, and complete U/S training every 3 years
Please submit a cover letter & resume to Angie Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org