Students for Life Action
Status: Paid - Full Time
As a Major Giving Officer for Students for Life Action, you will serve in a critical role to
increase the support for our organization in your region. This position is core to the
general operations of SFL Action of working with current and prospective donors and
encouraging adult support of and participation in the pro-life movement. You are
responsible for finding and attending events, developing, and cultivating meaningful
relationships with prospective and current donors on your caseload through meetings,
events, phone calls, emails, and handwritten thank you notes.
Essential Functions for Development
• Find new prospects, research information about them, reach out for meetings (in
person, by email, and by phone), and schedule meetings with them
• Cultivate relationships with current SFL Action donors in caseload and grow their
• Carefully track relationships with donors and prospects in the SFL Action
development database and submit progress reports to supervisor on a
• Identify and carryout strategies to best engage adult supporters
• Attend and host events to represent Students for Life Action at the local,
regional, and national capacity to meet new prospects and develop relationships
with existing donors
• Contact via email or text caseload donors and prospects when there is a big SFL
Action event in their area (Kristan speaking, mobilization, Summit)
• Handwritten thank you cards written and phone calls made weekly, along with
other donor thank you touches made
• Work with development team to create special donor gift campaigns for High
Dollar ($1000+) and Major Gifts ($5000+) touches (i.e. Christmas Cards and
• Help development team coordinate events on the national scale
• Organize and host a regional events to bring donors together• Participate in national fundraising campaigns on behalf of the Mission Advancement
• Assist in projects and the creation of materials for the Mission Advancement team
• Attend program related events on campuses throughout the year
Budget management as a budget will be provided within which the MGO is responsible
for ordering all supplies, covering travel expenses, etc.
Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision in carrying out the core
functions listed above
MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel Virtuous Database (will train)
Communicate intelligently with donors
Exemplary Organization skills
Ability to multi-task
Grant writing experience is a plus
Event planning is a plus
Public speaking is a plus
Preferred location of Florida or Texas, although any location within the US is
acceptable in a work from home environment with travel.
A lot of travel required. Having a car is required and the ability to drive long distances
alone. Able to sit for long periods of time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position working at least 45 hours per week. Days and hours
of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours can be somewhat flexible
by request. You will be able to make your own travel schedule based on the needs of
donors, but weekend and evening travel ability is a must.
Required Education and Experience
Must be able to successfully complete an I-9. The I-9 is used for verifying the identity
and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this
job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send resumes to email@example.com