Mary’s House at Silver Heels
Status: Paid - Full Time
The goal is to make each mother accountable for their actions to become independent loving and caring mothers to their children in a healthy and spiritual atmosphere.
1. Communicate and collaborate with the director, as well as other house managers, on all necessary issues for the health and wellbeing of the household and individuals.
2. Be up-lifting and encouraging to residents and help residents and their child as needed and appropriate. Take advantage of teachable moments.
3. Ensure completion of daily, weekly and monthly household responsibilities.
4. Distribute and maintain daily records as assigned by the director such as medication records, incident reports, and daily logs.
5. Assist mothers with obtaining transportation to and from doctor appointments, to and from employment, etc. such as Morgan County Transit. Teach and encourage mothers to make appointments and find transportation on their own.
6. Encourage mothers to independently find childcare services. Assist with babysitting when necessary.
7. Monitor the sign in and out of anyone who enters or leaves house and with whom if resident.
8. Assist the director in planning support classes according to needs of mothers in the home.
9. Be assigned as a Mentor to residents as needed.
10. Answer the in-house telephone. Take messages and document when call came in.
11. Prepare a meal for the house for all residents on weekly family dinner night.
12. Monitor and enforce curfew which is at 9:45pm each evening. You will document on an incident form any residents not meeting curfew and communicate this to the director.
13. Document on incident forms and communicate with other house managers and director any infractions that were dealt with during shift or any ongoing situations that need to be addressed.
14. Maintain self-control when dealing with situations; deescalate conflicts as needed. Be peaceful and unbiased.
15. Attend all in house dinners, workshops, support groups and meetings that are going on during your shift. Ensure the mothers also attend.
16. Maintain a posted daily/weekly calendar for the home.
17. Maintain and distribute house and personal supplies such as shampoo, cleaners, toilet paper, etc. Keep a shopping list and run errands to store when needed.
18. Transport residents when necessary and other transportation options are not available.
19. Maintain a peaceful atmosphere and promote positive and healthy living.
20. Follow through with all decisions made by director and/or Mary’s House Board of Directors set forth to handle situations or infractions and/or safety and peacefulness of the household.
21. Follow all of Mary’s House Board policies and procedures and support the core values of Mary’s House. Read and sign agreement to implement policies set forth by Mary’s House Board.
22. Assume all other duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
*The House Manager will work at the headquarters of Mary’s House.
*Mary’s House at Silver Heels, Inc., is a faith-based non-profit organization whose mission is to preserve the sanctity of life. We are an equal opportunity employer headquartered in Stockport, Ohio.
Experience Needed: A)Be a committed Christian woman. B) Be capable of providing leadership and spiritual guidance to staff and residents by word and deed. C) Be available and on-call as needed. D) Must have a pro-life stance concerning abortion. E) Be a person of demonstrated integrity, maturity, and sound judgment. F) Shall not be the perpetrator in a substantiated report of neglect or abuse. G) Able to maintain confidentiality for staff/Board/residents/supporters.
Apply by Email: Stephcraig69@gmail.com