Fundraising is an important part of your chapter’s success!
1) It is very important to plan ahead for the events for which you will need to fundraise. Make a budget for your chapter and stick to it. Always have an itemized budget to show donors before asking for funding.
2) Start with your own contacts. Go through your personal address book. Ask your parents and grandparents. Think of pro-lifers you know from your own community. Contact them to ask if they would be willing to support your pro-life work on your campus.
3) Contact local churches and ministries and explain to them your mission. Ask if you can collect money after each service for a week or two. Ask if they would be willing to put something in the bulletin about your Pro-Life Future chapter, asking people to send donations if they are able. When people donate, collect their contact information so that you can keep them updated on events you will be hosting.
4) Call alumni of your local Students for Life group. Contact the former members, explain your mission, and see if they would be willing to help your chapter financially (if they can’t join the chapter). Look into local businesses and see if any of them are family-run or religious. Contact them with your mission statement and see if they would be willing to help you financially or even donate food or office supplies to be used at your meetings.
5) Follow up with and thank every donor. By building relationships with them, you can increase their giving. Keep donors updated with your group and invite them to events, no matter how big or small their donations are.
Email us to request a FREE, comprehensive fundraising training from the Pro-Life Future team.